First of all, I’d like to thank Alicia at For His Purpose (link HERE) for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Alicia shares heartfelt stories that keep Jesus at the center, told with refreshing honesty and a sense of humor. I always enjoy reading her posts. Be sure to check out her blog if you haven’t already.
About the Mystery Blogger Award
This award was created by Okoto Enigma (link HERE) to recognize bloggers who “find fun and inspiration in blogging” and who “do it with so much love and passion.”The award also gives us a chance to create a friendly blogging community by telling others about our own favorite bloggers.
Here are the guidelines:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award.
- Answer the five questions you were asked.
- Tell the readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers that you nominated them by commenting on one of their posts.
- Ask your nominees five questions with one weird or funny one.
- Share a link to your best posts.
Three things about myself:
- I love cats.
- I have an insatiable sweet tooth.
- I have WAY too much stuff – I hope to use this quarantine period to sort through it all and discard about half of it!
My best posts:
- Spiritual Lessons from Animals (Link HERE)
- Confessions of a Spiritual Mutt (Link HERE)
- A De Facto Theist (Link HERE)
Five questions I was asked:
- Why do you write? I actually answered that question at length in a post titled “Why do I write?” (Link HERE)
- How long have you blogged with WordPress? A little over three years now. Wow, has it really been that long??
- How often do you post blogs? I try to post about once a week.
- What makes you laugh? My cats. They’re a source of continual merriment.
- Are you a night owl or a morning person? Night person, definitely. Repeated efforts to change this over the years have been utterly futile.
- Pete at Ordinary Time. (Link HERE.) A spiritual journal featuring the musings of a fellow “spiritual mutt” with “amoeba-like ecumenical tendencies.”
- Chrissie at Word Quilt. (Link HERE.) Chrissie’s job title says it all: Happiness engineer. In addition to a great blog, she has provided me with lots of encouragement as I got my own blog up and running.
- Anne at Mehrling Muse. (Link HERE.) Delightful slice-of-life vignettes about family life in the North Carolina mountains.
- Kavita at Sunshiny SA Site. (Link HERE). Fascinating slice-of-life posts about living in South Africa.
- Elizabeth at Saved by Words. (Link HERE.) Thoughtful reflective essays and short memoir pieces on topics ranging from politics and religion to memories of her growing-up years.
- Annie at Seeking Divine Perspective. (Link HERE.) Lots of common-sense wisdom about seeking God’s perspective in our daily lives, told with refreshing humility and an engaging sense of humor.
- Sally at Theology of a Newfoundland Housewife. (Link HERE.) Meditations about Christian unity and rural life in Newfoundland.
- Jennifer at Feeding On Jesus. (Link HERE.) Countering the “angry bully” image of God that some of us picked up in childhood, by illustrating repeatedly that God is love.
- J. Mankowsky at From My Window. (Link HERE.) Amazing photographs taken with a compact camera celebrating daily life in a variety of landscapes through the changing seasons.
- Susanne at Cats and Trails and Garden Tales. (Link HERE.) More fantastic photography, plus stories about her pair of adorable cats. What’s not to love?
Questions for my nominees:
- How would you describe yourself?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What’s one thing you’ve changed your mind about over the years?
- Funny question: Have you been able to find toilet paper?
- Weird question: What’s your weirdest quirk?
To my nominees, please don’t feel pressured to participate. (Or, if you’ve been nominated before, don’t feel obligated to participate again.) Just know that I appreciate reading your posts, I’m so grateful you read mine, and your comments and feedback help me grow!
If you do participate, send me a link and let me know. I would love to read your answers! Stay healthy!