First of all, I’d like to thank Cecilia from Thy Word, My Thoughts (link HERE) for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’ve enjoyed reading her blog.
Cecilia presents a Bible passage in each of her posts, then shares her thoughts about how it applies to her own life experiences. Be sure to check out her blog if you haven’t already.
About the Sunshine Blogger Award:
This award offers peer recognition for bloggers who inspire, are creative and spread positivity – a token of appreciation and admiration.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I’ll answer the questions Cecilia had for me first:
- What is the longest time you’ve ever lived in one location? I’ve lived in my current city for 34 years.
- What is the most powerful lesson you have learned from your relationship with Jesus? That God loves me even though I’m not perfect.
- What is your favorite meal? An ice cream dinner shared with Lise, a cousin who lives in Denmark.
- Who inspires you the most and why? My parents. They’ve taught me every good lesson worth learning.
- What was the last book you read, and did you like it? I most recently finished Inspired by Rachel Held Evans. A powerful writer gone much too soon. RIP, Rachel.
- What is your favorite season? Spring or fall.
- Is it easy or difficult for you to speak about your faith to others? It’s often very difficult to speak about it in person. But I can write about it just fine, hence my blog …
- How would you describe yourself? I like to think of myself as a lovable eccentric.
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts? Often from other bloggers. I just love the blogging community.
- Do you have a mentor? A lovely Dominican Sister named Marilyn who was so supportive through about three of my last jobs. I count her as a personal friend as well.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? An introvert, definitely.
Now for my nominees:
- Pete at Ordinary Time. (Link HERE.) A spiritual journal featuring the musings of a fellow “spiritual mutt” with “amoeba-like ecumenical tendencies.”
- Chrissie at Word Quilt. (Link HERE.) Chrissie’s job title says it all: Happiness engineer. In addition to a great blog, she has provided me with lots of encouragement as I got my own blog up and running.
- Anne at Mehrling Muse. (Link HERE.) Delightful slice-of-life vignettes about family life in the North Carolina mountains.
- Elizabeth at Saved by Words. (Link HERE.) Thoughtful reflective essays and short memoir pieces on topics ranging from politics and religion to memories of her growing-up years.
- Annie at Seeking Divine Perspective. (Link HERE.) Lots of common-sense wisdom about seeking God’s perspective in our daily lives, told with refreshing humility and an engaging sense of humor.
- Sally at Theology of a Newfoundland Housewife. (Link HERE.) Meditations about Christian unity and rural life in Newfoundland.
- Jennifer at Feeding On Jesus. (Link HERE.) Jennifer does a great job of countering the “angry bully” image of God that some of us picked up in childhood, by illustrating repeatedly that God is love.
- Ruth at Planted By Living Water. (Link HERE.) Ruth encourages others by sharing how God’s grace, love and mercy are working in her personal life.
- Alicia at For His Purpose. (Link HERE.) Heartfelt stories that keep Jesus at the center, told with refreshing honesty and a sense of humor.
- Dawn at Random Bits of Trial and Error. (Link HERE.) As an amateur photographer, I love great photography and you’ll find an abundance of it here.
- Susanne at Cats and Trails and Garden Tales. (Link HERE.) More fantastic photography, plus stories about an adorable cat named Benji. What’s not to love?
Here are your 11 questions:
- How would you describe yourself?
- What brings joy to your life?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What’s the most unexpected thing you’ve come across in your blogging journey?
- If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
- What’s one thing you’ve changed your mind about over the years?
- What is your favorite Bible story or parable?
- What major obstacle in your life has God helped you overcome?
- What is the Bible verse/passage you turn to most often for comfort?
- What would you like people to remember you for?
- What are you thankful for today?
To my nominees, please don’t feel pressured to accept this award and all its details. If you’ve been nominated before, don’t feel obligated to participate again. Just know that I appreciate reading your posts, I’m so grateful you read mine, and your comments and feedback help me grow!